Head of Retail currently required by a rapidly growing business and a market leader within their industry as the company looks to double in size over the next 2 years.
Following on from their success over a number of years, the company are adding to the senior team to take the business to even greater heights.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Head of Retail to join an award winning retailer on the cusp of doing something amazing over the next few years.
WHAT IS THE ROLE AND WHAT TYPE OF PERSON DO WE WANT?
Working closely with the MD, the successful Head of Retail will have a real passion for retail and be responsible for managing, growing and leading a brilliant buying team.
You will be given full autonomy to make the role your own. You will be expected to challenge and lead, bring a trader / negotiator mindset to the buying team and push the company to new levels.
The successful candidate will have proven success as a Retail Manager / Head of Buying in retail / ecommerce with excellent commercial awareness and strong leadership skills.
Day-to-day you will:
- Manage, mould and grow the current buying team
- Negotiate and trade branded and own branded products (international remit)
- Investigate and analyse competitors to stay ahead of the game and attend supplier meetings across the UK and Worldwide.
- Negotiate promotional activity and exclusivity with suppliers.
- Ensure the product range is in line with the most up to date market trends as well as anticipating and responding effectively to emerging competitor and customer activity.
- Work with and negotiate with suppliers to maintain cost competiveness as well as constantly reviewing gross margins.