A Global blue chip organisation is now seeking to appoint an experienced Head of Procurement. Supporting a number of high-profile businesses worldwide, it is recognised for having an unrivalled customer base and achieving excellence in customer delivery.
The Head of Procurement role is a rare opportunity to head a high-profile procurement team delivering customer service, identifying and implementing opportunities for cost savings while optimising business growth and performance.
The organisation promotes an adaptable and empowering culture, designed to deliver results. This is a superb opportunity to join a fast-paced global company which will offer you the chance to truly take ownership of your role and ultimately have an impact on your future.
In return this is a superb opportunity for candidates seeking long-term career progression within a leading business. This particular role is a great platform that could lead to a number of career paths within the global business.
It is expected that successful candidates will have the following:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of management systems
- Knowledge of working with a variety of products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of tender preparation, contract negotiations, vendor management and supplier appraisal
- Supply chain management and strategic sourcing experience within a retail environment
- Proven experience of leading and developing a procurement team with previous results to show
- Excellent team relationship building, coaching and negotiation skills
- Strong project and change management astuteness with a results focus
- Degree-qualified or equivalent, ideally a professional qualification such as MCIPS.
- Sound financial acumen and commercial awareness.
We look forward to hearing from you, applications will now be contacted after the Christmas period in January.
£70,000 – £75,000 + Full Benefits Package