A nationally recognised company is looking to recruit an experienced Buyer within the food and beverage sector.
As an experienced Buyer you will be expected to lead and develop product categories, source products and work to and achieving objectives which have been set by the business.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop product ranges.
- Work as part of team to grow product variety and categories
- Create and source promotions
- Enhance Brand awareness
- Work with all departments to ensure goals and targets are exceeded.
- Source new products from scratch, negotiate price and terms.
- Working closely with existing suppliers and on a regular basis source new suppliers.
- Work within an extremely fast paced FMCG / Food & Beverage environment.
The successful Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
• Have worked within a category management, buying, purchasing, procurement role;
• Have experience of working within a FMCG, Food and Beverage Sectors
• Experience of managing a full product life cycle, from product selection and vendor negotiation through to taking products to marketing with an effective promotional plan.
In return the Buyer will receive a salary of £30,000 – £40,000 pa plus 25days holiday, pension, free parking and long term career progression.