Due to expansion, a long established and growing business within Birmingham is looking to add a Buyer to its buying and new product development team.
The company is a leading business within their field with market leading products and supply into many high-profile retailers via various customer channels.
As the Buyer and Product Developer you will be responsible for:
• Developing the category strategy for your assigned product portfolio; trend and competitor analysis
• Management of products from initial concept of idea and design, all the way through to management of Far East suppliers
• Development of critical path plans for each product season will be critical to your success
• Management of Far Eastern factories, negotiation of price and delivery
• Building solid working relationships with various internal teams including Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain & Distribution
The successful Retail Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
• Have worked within a product buying NPD role previously
• Must have Far East supplier experience
• Experience of managing a full product life cycle, from product concept and design, product development, supplier management and manufacture to product delivery for orders
In return the Buyer / Product Developer will receive a salary of £35,000 – £45,000 dependant on experience plus the opportunity to progress long term.
This is an urgent vacancy, please do not delay your application. First stage interviews will be held in January.